Tuesday, May 22, 2012

My Haunted Kid

(This is from April 21th)

It is Navy week and there are a few ships docked on the river, including an amazing one from Indonesia full of beautiful teak carvings. The French Quarter is full of men and women in uniform, though I haven't had any join me on a tour: last night I had a lot of family groups with me. One was a family from Tennessee. Their son looked like he might be in the military, although he wasn't dressed for it and they never mentioned anything. His mother told me he was haunted. Wherever they went, if she snapped a picture of him there would be an orb in it. Once they'd visited Colonial Williamsburg and he said, "Mom, take a picture over my shoulder." It was dark out and he wasn't close to any buildings or light fixtures. In Colonial Williamsburg it gets really dark. Just a kid in a black hoodie in the dark, she snapped the picture.

Next to him there were three orange figures silhouetted. They looked just like kids in hoodies.

No comments:

Post a Comment